Saratoga, California, a Brief History of Real Estate Development and Change
Saratoga, California is located at base of majestic redwood forest forming the locally known Saratoga Gap on the northeastern and eastern slopes of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Ohlone Indians occupied this territory during their heyday as evidenced by artifacts and tools found in these foothills. Ordered by the Spanish government in 1776 Juan Bautista de Anza also travelled through Saratoga on his way to the Monterey Bay. Half a century later a large land grant to Jose Noriega and Jose Fernandez of the land area which today is known as Cupertino, Campbell, and Saratoga was consummated. Later Manuel Alviso bought this parcel and renamed the “ranch” Rancho Quito. The early beginnings of this little town gave no clue what it would someday become. Who knew this sleepy little village would someday become the home of some of Silicon Valley’s most famous business people?